Turnitin – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
When setting up online coursework submissions, staff can choose between the Blackboard Assignment tool and Turnitin. Below you’ll find ‘how to’ guidance relating to key processes and common frequently asked questions about Turnitin.
Is Turnitin the right tool for me?
- Setting up online assignments – what to consider
- Blackboard Assignments vs Turnitin: Which tool should I use?
- What file types does Turnitin support?
- How to set up a Turnitin assignment
- Rubrics – what are they and why should I use them
- How to create and attach a rubric or grading form in Turnitin
- How do I access Turnitin assignments for marking?
- How to add feedback in Turnitin
- How to attach a feedback file to a Turnitin submission
- Document: Offline Marking with the Turnitin App for iPad
- Case Study: How do colleagues use Turnitin for marking?
Below are links to student facing guides, which explain the processes that your students follow. You can also share these guides with your students via email, Blackboard etc.