How do I evidence my teaching excellence?
In a nutshell
You may be interested in publishing your own research into your teaching or finding out more about pedagogical research in your discipline.
- A good place to start is the online guide to Getting Started in Pedagogical Research.
- Your subject’s learned societies may provide advice on publishing pedagogical research.
- Visit the University’s Institute of Teaching and Learning site.
- Advance HE offer a range of fellowships to help you evidence your teaching excellence. The University’s Leadership in Education Awards Programme (LEAP) supports staff who are applying for Advance HE Fellowships.
- The Staff Learning and Development unit offer workshops on ‘Evidencing Excellence in Teaching’ and ‘Planning for a Teaching Focused Career’.
- The University recognises and rewards teaching excellence through teaching awards and promotion.